October 3, 2008

So Blessed

Something happened last night that made me feel very blessed this morning. Spencer and I went to Smith's at about 11:00 PM and then we watched TV till about midnight. We went to bed just as we always do, but when I went to leave for work this morning our garage door was wide open!! My heart dropped and I thought "we totally forgot to close the garage door last night!" Spencer is so good at double checking everything before we go to bed, but somehow we just overlooked that last night. Needless to say everything was still there. A goal of mine ever since we moved into our home is to not leave the keys in the cars, but I am ashamed we both had our keys in the cars (in the ignition) and Spencer's ipod was just sitting in his truck. As I am writing this I am still freaking out a bit! All I can say it that I feel so blessed this morning for being watched over. This is a huge lesson learned for us. I will never again leave the keys in the car, no matter what, and I'm sure we will triple check the garage and all the locks before going to bed. 

5 comments:

The Ostlers said...

My friend's husband had his car stolen last night! You can never be too careful I guess. I am glad no one took anything!

Dawni and Zach said...

That's crazy, I'm glad everything was all right in the end!

Hey, we just found out that basically the whole Morgan side of the family has their own blogs, so we'd appreciate it if you could visit our blog and see if we're missing anyone in our family/friends list. :)

Awesome blog, btw!

mamabit said...

What a blessing. That is a scary thought of what could of happened. I am so happy that you still have everything. And especially that you are safe. Love you!

Ryan and Mandi Richins said...

Nat, thanks again for setting up by blog. Just wanted you to know that the fam went to Wendy's for a quick dinner and yup all I had was a small chili. You guys owe me! See you at the weigh in.

Menlove Family said...

So lucky! I can totally relate though, we keep our keys in the car too! Its scary to get stolen but bad when your kid sneaks into the car and turns it on too!! I should learn my lesson as well!